There are exciting things happening with the Hyde park Business Association (HPBA). Our dedicated staff are currently canvassing each of the over 330 businesses in Hyde Park to inform them of the potential transition of the HPBA into London’s fourth Business Improvement Area (BIA). Each of the businesses are receiving the “Dare to Dream” booklet that provides a brief insight as to how a BIA can benefit our community once this designation is received. We call this booklet our ‘sizzle package’ as it will generate excitement and anticipation about the potential for the Hamlet of Hyde Park to become a destination community that will attract new businesses; revitalize existing businesses; and, attract visitors and residents. BIA’s are mandated to work closely with the local business community to:
- Advocate on behalf of the businesses with municipal and possibly provincial levels of government;
- Provide marketing support to local businesses;
- Implement community beautification projects to encourage people to live, play and live in our community;,
- Host special events to attract visitors and tourists to our community; and,
- Promote our community through various media channels.
To become part of this exciting future you will want to read the Dare to Dream booklet by simply clicking on this link: Dare to Dream Information Booklet.
Do you have any thoughts and ideas on what should be done to improve our community? We want our community to become more engaged with the exciting future we are envisioning for the Hamlet of Hyde Park; so, we want to hear from you! Send us your ideas in an email, or drop in and see us in our office! The coffee is always on!